Endpoint Management is a popular item on MANY of our clients’ wish lists, but with so many tools that claim to do the job, it can be difficult to choose the best for your environment.
What if you didn’t have to choose? What if there was one tool that would take care of everything.
One tool that would take care of Mobile devices, Servers both virtual and physical, Desktops, security, patch management, Software management, life cycle management and security.
Well there is ….. IBM Endpoint Manager
IBM Endpoint Manager is a software package that offers a unified platform that automates and streamlines, systems management as well security management for endpoints of all kinds. This unified approach allows you to manage all your different tools like patch management and endpoint security within one program. The great part about the IBM Endpoint Manager is that you can pick the pieces you need, or bundle it all together into one package.
The following are some details about each separate piece:
A. Desktop and Server Administration :
– Delivers patch, inventory, software distribution, OS deployment, remote control
capabilities and near real-time visibility into the state of endpoints including
advanced capabilities to support server endpoints.
I. Asset Discovery and Inventory
– Create dynamic situational awareness about changing conditions in the infrastructure. You can run distributed scans on the entire network to identify all IP-addressable devices
II. Software Distribution
– Policy-based distribution and closed-loop verification of software packages. Automate software distribution for Windows, UNIX, Linux, and Mac OS platforms from a single point of control, reducing new implementation and upgrade projects to days/weeks vs. years/months
III.Remote Desktop Control
– Provide support and control for Windows and Linux desktops, notebooks and servers throughout the distributed environment from a central location. System management and troubleshooting, remote diagnostics and remote desktop capabilities are provided.
– Provides near real-time tracking. System administrators know how much time an endpoint spends in idle, standby and off states. This creates an accurate view of current power usage and costs.
– Enables administrators to create highly complex power profiles that can be used to generate savings even in unusual computer usage scenarios.
– Provides a “what-if” scenario calculator, which helps project potential energy savings and encourages conservation initiatives.
– Generates reports that help you visualize ongoing energy consumption and savings, and measure the associated ecological impact.
V. Patch Management :
– Delivers patches to endpoints for Microsoft Windows, UNIX, Linux and Mac operating systems.
– Delivers patches to endpoints for third-party applications from vendors including Adobe, Mozilla, Apple and Java, along with customer-supplied patches.
– Supports a variety of endpoints. These include servers, notebooks, desktops and specialized equipment such as point-of-sale (POS) devices, ATMs and self-service kiosks.
– Supports patching of online and offline virtual machines including roaming devices using Internet connections so that virtual and cloud environments have the same level of security as physical systems.
– Can support up to 250,000 endpoints from a single patch management server.
– Automatically assesses the endpoint status once a patch is deployed.
– Confirms successful installation and updates the management server. This step supports compliance requirements, which require definitive proof of patch installation.
– Provides proof of continuous compliance, which can help you pass audits and comply with regulations.
– Can enforce policies and help you quickly report on compliance to improve your organization’s audit readiness.
VI. Server Automation- Enables users to easily deploy and manage servers across heterogeneous platforms using either pre-built or custom automation. From the simple user interface, users can create, save and reuse automation flows or take advantage of out-of-the-box automation capabilities
B. Software Asset Management
– Track software usage patterns and trends across Windows, UNIX and Linux endpoints with always on asset management to enhance license compliance. Manages software assets from procurement to retirement using control desk integration.
C. Mobile Device Management and Security
Address issues of security, complexity and bring-your-own-device (BYOD) policies across a unified platform that spans Apple iOS, Google Android, Blackberry, Nokia Symbian and Microsoft Windows Mobile platforms.
– Extend endpoint management with a single solution for viewing, managing, and securing mobile devices, laptops, desktops, and servers
– Protect data on lost or stolen devices with remote password locks and resets, partial and full data wipes
– Rapidly adopt new capabilities to meet the ever-increasing sophistication of threats and attacks
– Help control IT costs and reduce management complexity as the number of endpoints that need management grows
D. Endpoint Security, Protection and Compliance
Provides unified, real-time visibility and enforcement to protect distributed environments against threats that target endpoints and helps organizations to comply with regulatory standards on security
– Centralizes the management of functions to coordinate among IT, security, desktop and server operations.
– Guards against the full range of malware and scans POP3 email and Microsoft Outlook folders for threats.
– Delivers integrated DLP capabilities using the same single console and single agent.
– Monitors and controls physical ports on endpoints. You can apply additional protections to restrict removable USB storage devices.
– Determines the safety of a file and prevents users from opening infected documents. The web reputation feature automatically determines the safety of millions of dynamically rated websites.
– Identifies suspicious system activities. If triggered, it can block execution to help prevent potentially damaging activities.
So whether you are looking for a full endpoint management package, or just a piece of the overall solution, the IBM endpoint manager is the solution for you. Each piece is easy to use and will save you and your team time by allowing you to push out updates and receive results faster than ever before. For more information please click here and feel free to contact us at anytime! firstname.lastname@example.org